This article will detail the “Mileage not specified for a used car” error message and how to remedy it.
If you’ve received this message, it means that the vehicle listing’s VDP page doesn’t contain the mileage as required by Google. To remedy this, here are the steps outlined based upon the specific data collection method.
- Site Scrape - All USED vehicle listing VDPs MUST contain the mileage of the vehicle and be displayed on the page. Carfax or stock number clickthroughs will not be sufficient.
- FTP - All USED vehicles MUST have the mileage listed in the “MILEAGE” column in the .csv file.
- Mileage cannot be larger than 200,000 miles for a 2021 car
- Mileage cannot be larger than 300,000 miles for a 2020 car
- Mileage cannot be larger than 400,000 miles for a 2019 car
- Mileage cannot be larger than 500,000 miles for a 2018 car
- Mileage cannot be larger than 600,000 miles for a 2017 car
- Mileage cannot be larger than 700,000 miles for a 2016 car
- A new car cannot have mileage larger than 20,000 miles
Note: Vehicles listed as NEW do not require the vehicle's mileage.