Once Local Listings is activated for a location, it is required to connect the Facebook account to our platform. Authenticate Facebook accounts directly from your Local Listings dashboard.
Once you have an active subscription to Local Listings, dbaPlatform's citation management solution, you must ensure all the appropriate accounts are connected. Take a look below for a step-by-step guide on connecting Facebook accounts to your Local Listings subscription.
Connecting Facebook to your Local Listings
Connecting your Facebook is a multi-step process. First, we will connect the account to dbaPlatform. Once connected, we will assign the Facebook account to the associated Google Profile in our system and confirm listing information. Follow these steps once you have activated Local Listings for your location.
- Phase 1: Connect Facebook Accounts
- Phase 2: Associate Facebook and Google Profile with each other
- Phase 3: Review and Confirm Profile Information
Before you get started
Only users with Admin or Editor Facebook Page Roles will have the ability to sync Facebook accounts to Local Listings. These are the only roles that can update page info according to Facebook guidelines. Please make sure you have access before starting the syncing process to avoid this error message below.
Phase 1: Connect Facebook Accounts
- Select a Location group
- Go to the Local Listings tab, select Overview, and scroll down to Core Directories. Under Core Directories, click Authenticate Facebook.
- A pop-up of the Connected Accounts page will appear. This pop-up will only show connected Facebook accounts. Click the Sign in with a Facebook Account button.
- The Facebook login page will pop up. Log in to use your Facebook account with Local Listings Manager.
- Select all the Facebook Pages under your account that you want to connect to your locations on Local Listings. Click Next.
- Toggle Yes to accept all permissions. Local Listings Manager may not work correctly if you turn off these options. Click Done.
- A pop-up from Facebook will appear to confirm that you have successfully linked your account to Local Listings Manager. Click OK.
- Click OK to close the Login Success pop-up. The Connected Accounts button for Facebook will be updated to show which account is logged in and the number of pages connected.
Phase 2: Associate Facebook and Google Profile with each other
Once you finish the last step in Phase 1 above, a popup of the Location Mapper page will appear. The Location Mapper feature lists out all the Locations under the Location Group. The Location Mapper table includes the following columns that users can use to match the correct Facebook page (LocationID, Company Name, City, State, Zip).
Note: Connecting the Facebook page and Google Profile is how the Local Listings Manager associates the two accounts and their data.
- Click Select a Facebook Page dropdown and choose which Facebook page you want to connect to the Google Profile location.
Pro-tip: The dropdown will auto-filter Facebook Pages that share the same City, State, and Zipcode for the associated Location. Hovering on the location listed on the dropdown will also show address details from the Facebook page.
- Click the green Save button to save the change. A pop-up will appear to confirm that the Facebook page is saved successfully.
- Once the Facebook pages have been mapped to the locations, click the Sync Locations button at the bottom of the Location Mapper to sync GBP listing information to the connected Facebook page.
Please Sync Locations once you have selected the Facebook location for each listing. Progress will not be saved unless you click Sync Locations.
Phase 3: Review and Confirm Profile Information
A pop-up window for reviewing listings information will appear so you can verify if they have updated information before syncing.
Option 1: Review details for each location
- Users can click on the View Location Details button to view and edit the required information for each listing.
- Enter listing information into the required fields.
Option 2: Update the business description across all pages
You can also add a Facebook Business Description that will be applied to all the listings in the Location Group on the “You’re almost ready” popup. This will appear as the About field on the Facebook page info. Business Description on Local Listings will appear as Additional Information on Facebook.
Submit to Start Syncing
- Click Submit to start syncing.
Congrats! Your locations are syncing, and you will see a pop-up on your screen confirming this. Check the Sync Errors Encountered tab once the sync is complete. There should be a green checkmark under Facebook to verify that the sync has been successful. It should take around 30 minutes to update the sync status.